Committed to the nurture and oversight of clergy in the Northern Lights Region.
The clergy and lay people who volunteer their time in service of the Commission on Ministry in the Northwest Region commit to meet several times each year to conduct the business of creating and maintaining processes designed to ordain, license and then safeguard and care for the careers of ministers.
Among the many tasks the COM has before it at any meeting, they will:
- Meet with Seminary Students who wish to come under care as they prepare to reach for ordination
- Evaluate the credentials of ministers who are requesting standing with the Northern Lights Region
- Meet with ministers and future ministers in process
- Consider matters of alleged misconduct
- Communicate progress with candidate
These are just some of their given tasks. If you would like information on becoming a Minister in the Northern Lights Region of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), please contact us.
Commission on Ministry Members
- Sandra Messick- Regional Minister and President, Ex-Officio
- Kara Markell- Chairperson
- Dixie Carringer- Member
- Rachel Crum- Member
- Richard Cunningham- Member
- Connie Harwood- Member
- Adam Janes- Member
- John Richards- Member
- Allen Shriver- Member
- Thomas Yates- Member
Documents and Forms
Select a title below to open and/or download and save the document.